BeLoged

Orhan Karsligil's Ideas, Thoughts and Collection of Resources

Some info I find interesting

I like simple, basic mathematics. I like theories which can be explained with simple tools. I believe that good ideas should be able to be presented in simple ways. If something can only be described in such a way that a few experts can understand it then it means there is still some work needed in that area to convert it to a simpler form. I am planning to talk about things like Prime Numbers, Encryption, Number Theory, Linear Algebra and Differential Equations and methods to solve these problems using numerical techniques. I hope some of these will turn into lecture notes at some point.

Some of the interesting books I read or am reading currently on math and engineering:

The Code Book by Simon Singh If you are interested in the history of encryption and codes this is a great book. Many interesting ideas about how to attack certain type of combinatorial problems without killing yourself with raw complexity.

Prime Obsession The story of Prime Numbers and the famous Riemann Hypothesis (Short description by Wolfram Research) There is also a proof which is not validated yet (Proof of Riemann Hypothesis)

0 comments:

Post a Comment